Why Accelerated Mobile Pages
CEO & Chief Strategist
CEO & Chief Strategist
Current trends are moving from desktop-first to mobile-first. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is a return to the holistic model of delivering content specifically for mobile. which is basically, a stripped-down version of the mobile web which runs on a reinvented version of the language used to create web pages (HTML).
There are two trends pushing towards AMP:
1) Users are beginning their journey online by performing a search query via their mobile device.
2) The percentage of searches being performed on mobile have increased to the point that now exceeds desktop search.
Google, for example, has a applied a focus on these trends in order to enhance their search product for a better user experience. The experience is faster, and more informative because mobile speed matters.
Over half of mobile users will abandon a web page taking greater than three seconds to load. AMP methods exist to reduce the wait time for a mobile website page to load. AMP insists that mobile page designs focus on both display and delivery speed.
What can businesses do to ensure they adhere to AMP standards?
1) Abide by the three second rule. Load time of each mobile page should take no more than three seconds.
2) Content restriction. Mobile content should be easy to load, don't waste time on including many ads, and be careful when using tracking or analytics pixels.
3) Optimize for the Google search experience. Google has set the benchmark for AMP specifications. By adhering to Google's insights on AMP, your site will perform better if found via Google's search engine.
Want to learn more about what you can do to optimize your website for AMP? Reach out to us for a free consultation.
4 E-Mail Marketing Tips for Business Leaders
Upgrade Legacy Systems for Your Existing Clients
Why Accelerated Mobile Pages are Important
Start Small and Go Big: 5 Simple Tips for Growing Your Online Presence
Traditional Ad Agencies Need to Evolve
Many Startups are Borrowing Money these Days - Why?
4 Marketing Problems Facing Franchise Owners
Past the Ping Pong Table for Better Dev Team Culture
Looking Ahead to 2017 - A Mobile-First World
Does Your Mobile App Idea Have Legs?
Trying to Raise Money for Your Start-up?
The Smart Office: How Connected Tech is Redefining the Workplace
Full-service v. specialty agencies: Which one reigns supreme?
Hit the Road, Jack! Inside Apple's iPhone 7 Announcement
The Benefits of UX for Startups and VCs
Testing Is King: Our Takeaway from Silicon Beach Fest '16
Snapchat Wins Olympic Gold
Is the IoT Inevitable or Overblown?
How the Internet of Things Will Make Your Business Better at Customer Service
User Experience Design: Improve the UX of Your Website
Are We Ready for Hackable Everything in the IoT?
7461 Beverly Blvd Suite #400,
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Bulevardul Primaverii 68